About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

White Rabbit Box and Power Up Event (Day 4)

Server: Lawolf
Name: Ainia/YoCroJest
Class: Ranger/Jester(Bow)
Level: 76/64

On day 4, we have been given 2 interesting events. The reason I say they are interesting is because personally, I have never seen these 2 events in my many years of playing. These 2 events are the White Rabbit Chance Box Event and the Power Up Event. Before I get into them, and give you my impression, I just wanted to point out that I did a ton of leveling yesterday. I went from 57 to 64 yesterday and I just want to add that I wasn't the luckiest person. But more into that later.

The White Rabbit Box Event is just like an old favorite, The Spike Box Event. The mechanics work exactly the same. Kill monsters and get a chance for one of them to drop a White Rabbit Chance Box. Within this box there are various items like Vital X, Refresher Holds, Flasks and a White Rabbit Pickup Pet. A bit of a heads up with this box. As I said earlier, I did a ton of leveling during this event. Throughout all this leveling, I only managed to receive 5 boxes. That's right, 5. Also, I would like to add that I had Treasure Hunter and Lucky Drop on most of the time I was fighting. SO, with that said, the drop rate for these boxes was quite low. Most of the time, I would forget that this event was even going on because of how little amount of boxes I was receiving. But it wasn't just me. All my friends on my Messenger List were having a hard time getting these boxes, and an even harder time getting anything good out of the boxes that we did receive. The only things I received from my boxes were Refreshers Holds (Unlimited use of MP for 15 minutes) and Flasks of the Rabbit (Dex +7 for 30 minutes). Talk about some lame items given the drop rate of these boxes. In my opinion, they should have increased the drop rate of the boxes, and maybe lowered the chance to get the White Rabbit Pet. That way it wouldn't seem like there was no event going on at all.

The second event for day 4 was the Power Up Event. What this did was grant all players within FlyFF a bonus of 150 attack and defense. While it may not have been the greatest event, I still think it helped. The only thing that I would have liked to see with this event, was maybe a buff that showed you had these increased stats. But other than that, this event gave players that little extra damage and survivability in order to grind out those levels. However, in the future, if this Power Up Event returns, I think pairing it with a 2X EXP Event would be the best thing. It would make leveling THAT much more efficient and give players a 100% reason to start their grind.

Overall, Day 4 was an average day for events. Even though it seemed like the White Rabbit Chance Boxes didn't even exist, when you did find one, you always had your fingers crossed hoping to get the Pickup Pet. And for the Power Up Event, a little help with your leveling never hurt anyone. I am definitely looking forward to Day 5 to see what twist of events will be thrown at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment