About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

NarKenis Potion Drop and Dragon Chance Box Drop Event (Day 8)

Server: Lawolf
Name: Ainia/YoCroJest
Class: Ranger/Jester(Bow)
Level: 76/74

Welcome to day 8 FlyFFers. Oh boy, what a day this was for me, and I mean this is not the greatest way possible. First, before I get into it, let me tell you the Events that we are given today(if you haven't read the title already). We have the NarKenis Potion Drop and the Dragon Chance Box Drop Event. Both of these events are brand new to me so I was expecting a little more out of them than what I actually received.

NarKenis Potion Drop. This event, at first, I thought was going to be pretty cool. A lot of people, including myself at some point, think that Potions, Elixers or Flasks are completely useless and not worth it. Well, in all honesty, I feel like they can come in handy during EXP Events or even Gianting, just to give you that little extra OOMPH. For example, one of the Potions grants 5% Crit. 5%!. That, in my opinion is HUGE, especially for a 1v1 BP. Mostly because BP's who 1v1 nowadays, if they don't have at least 50% Crit, and a nice amount of adoch, are going to fail at leveling efficiently. So, having a potion that grants 5% for 30 minutes would be a huge help. Below, are the following potions that you can receive from opening these boxes:

Potion of Recklessness Increases your Critical Hit Rate by 5%. Lasts 30 minutes.
Potion of Swiftness Increases your Attack Speed by 5%. Lasts 30 minutes.
Potion of Accuracy Increases your Hit Rate by 5%. Lasts 30 minutes.
Potion of Clarity Decreases your Casting Time by 5%. Lasts 30 minutes.
Elixir of the Tiger Increases your Strength (STR) by +3. Lasts 30 minutes.
Elixir of the Rabbit Increases your Dexterity (DEX) by +3. Lasts 30 minutes.
Elixir of the Fox Increases your Intellect (INT) by +3. Lasts 30 minutes.
Elixir of the Lion Increases your Stamina (STA) by +3. Lasts 30 minutes.
Elixir of Stone Increases your Defense (DEF) by +30. Lasts 30 minutes.
Elixir of Evasion Increases your Parry Rate by 5%. Lasts 30 minutes.
Flask of the Tiger Increases your Strength (STR) by +7. Lasts 30 minutes.
Flask of the Rabbit Increases your Dexterity (DEX) by +7. Lasts 30 minutes.
Flask of the Fox Increases your Intellect (INT) by +7. Lasts 30 minutes.
Flask of the Lion Increases your Stamina (STA) by +7. Lasts 30 minutes.
Flask of Stone Increases your Defense (DEF) by +70. Lasts 30 minutes.

Dragon Chance Box Drop. Now, this is where I get really excited when I read that this was going to be one of the daily events. Back when I played 2 years ago, I had a Baby Blue Dragon that I absolutely loved. It was the coolest Pickup Pet in my opinion, and everyone was always trying to buy it from me (I was never going to sell it though, no matter the offer). So, when I came back to this game, and wanted a Pickup Pet, I knew that I had to find another Dragon. Unfortunately, I had no luck with finding them in people's shops, or if I did, they were incredibly expensive. So, seeing with this event, you are able to find them in boxes, I knew that I had no choice but to grind for a couple hours and hopefully get lucky. Well, if you read my tab at the top, I was able to gain 2 levels from yesterday. I leveled in Azria for quite some time. I would say around 3-4 hours.

Well, this is where my entire day was shot down pretty quickly. After my leveling time of around 4 hours, I ended up getting not a single Dragon Chance Box and only 1 NarKenis Potion Bag, which I have yet to open. Like seriously, how is this possible. I would say that I kill pretty quickly. It takes me around 5 seconds to take down a Mutant Yeti, and there is no downtime with me. I move from monster to monster without any stopping after killing one. Also, to add to add salt on my wound, I had both Lucky Drop and Treasure Hunter on for the entire time that I was leveling. So c'mon, there had to a trick to getting some more of these bags/boxes to drop. There is no way my luck can be that bad.

So, If you guys know any tips to getting some more of these Event Bags/Boxes, please let me know in the comments. Or, if you know the drop rate for these, or if they are on a set amount to drop per hour or something, please let me know. I am getting really annoyed with these events and my lack of receiving the bags/boxes.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry don't know anything about drop rates besides try and kill things close to your level (within 3-5 usually). Thanks for the overview of the day though, I haven't been able to get on a lot so it's nice to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boxes are added periodically (for example once per 2 minutes for Roanin box and less for anything with name "XXX chance box"). Basically the system works like this:

    1. A box is added to the world
    2. Whoever is first to kill a monster after that will get the box (there are some other conditions, like level range)
    3. Time passes and then a box is added to the world again

    That's why you should kill fast and farm on channels with little population. Somebody who is one-hitting everything has higher drop rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I see. So, in other words, I should just make a low level character with insane gear, and 1 shot everything in lets say, the Mars Mine

    ReplyDelete