About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Master's Journey: The Road to 120

Server: Lawolf
Name: Ainia
Class: Ranger
Level: 76

Welcome back FlyFFers. This is going to be a post on my opinion of the current event The Master's Journey: The Road to 120.

First off, I would like to say that this is a great idea of an event to get players to make new characters and experience a different class rather than just sitting at level 129 farming items over and over.

However, I feel like this is quite a hard task to do, especially if you are completely new to the game. 120 levels, or at least 100, in 1 month is a very hard task to complete, especially if you don't have the funds for your gear.

The thing that killed me was that I made a new character the day before while the 2X EXP Rain even was going on and was able to reach level 50. Then, when I logged on the next day to see this event, it killed me because there was no way I wanted to start another character from level 1, especially without the 2X EXP.

As for the Grand Prize that could be won, the new XBox 360, I think this is an awesome idea, but I don't think it is worth the amount of time you have to put in, in order to get a raffle ticket, which was level 100.

Let me know what you guys think of this event. Do you think you are not given enough time to level to 120 starting from 1? Do you think the prizes, especially the grand prize is worth the time put in?

2 comments:

  1. I am not much of a hardcore player, so honestly my thoughts on the event are: Work for as many hours as you'd have to play and you'll probably be able to get 2 Xbox 360's lol. It's certainly an interesting event, but without much appeal in my opinion. I like your blog though, nice posts so far, keep it up :)

    P.S. In the title, it's Journey, not Journy :) sorry taking a bunch of advanced english classes this year >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words and for being my first follower.

    And whoops on the Journy. For some reason i always spell it like that haha.

    ReplyDelete