About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Mystery Bag and CHEER Event (Day 5)

Server: Lawolf
Name: Ainia/YoCroJest
Class: Ranger/Jester(Bow)
Level: 76/70

Day 5 is now upon us, so that means 2 more events for us FlyFFers to enjoy. 1 of these events most people, if not all, are familiar with, and the other, is bran new (or at least to me it is). So, let's jump right into it.

Mystery Bag Event. This event is one that all of us have come to know and love. What happens during this event, is that the monster(s) we kill have a chance to drop a Mystery Bag which when opened, gives you an item that can be REALLY great, or your typical Vital X or Refresher Hold. Below, I will post what you can actually get from these bags.

*Dragon Cloak of the Initiate

*Hera Hoverbike

*Wooden Horse

*Snowboard

*BabyPolarBear

*Doggy

*Kitty

*Common Bank (15 day)

*Enhanced Party Skill Range (15 day)

*Full Shout (15 day)

*Scroll of Sprotect x2

*Scroll of Smelting x2

*Activition x7

*Upcut Stone x5

*Refresher Hold x5

*Vital Drink X x5

As you can see, there are a vast amount of items that you can receive from these bags. Unfortunately however, I wasn't so lucky. If you guys read my post on the White Rabbit Boxes, my luck was generally the same. Except, this time, I barely got any bags. If you notice my label at the top, I went from level 64 to 70 during this event. Also, during this event, I was in a RS party just about the entire time. Meaning, I had both Lucky Drop and Treasure Hunter on which should have given me a bigger chance to receive some bags. Well, during this time, which was about 4 hours, I received only 1 bag. That's right. 1 Bag. I was pretty bummed about this, mostly because my friends were getting bags every 10 minutes, whereas it took myself 4 hours. Anyway, if getting only 1 bag in that 4 hours wasn't painful enough, when I ended up opening it, my luck was even worse. What did I get you ask? Refresher Hold. That's right, 5 Refresher Holds. Now, not to say that this is totally useless to me, especially since I have a Ranger and they will come in handy, but it wasn't what 4 hours of grinding should have awarded me with. But anyway, I guess I shouldn't complain. An event is an event, and it's better than no event at all.

CHEER Event. This event was one that I have never witnessed in my play of FlyFF. First off, let me just state, that it took me about an hour to figure out what this event actually did. I know when you login to the game, it tells you to visit the FlyFF website to see details on the event(s), but for some reason, I cannot find any information on any event(s) so far. But that's neither here nor there. What this event did was, anytime you were cheered, you had a 2X increase in EXP. I'm going to be completely honest with this. At first, I thought this was completely useless. Mainly because "Cheering" is something that I don't really see people do anymore. And because it only lasts 10 minutes. But, as I played more and more, I realized that in those 10 minutes, my EXP/hour greatly increased, and on top of that, you were able to get it every hour. However, the downside to this, is that you have to find a leach that has a cheer, otherwise your all out of luck. That, or have a leach that is willing to stay with you for at least a couple of hours so that his/her Cheer count would build up.

Overall, this event, in my opinion, was pretty solid. I would have liked to come across some more Mystery Bags, but I guess luck wasn't on my side. I would definitely like to see the Cheer Event come back because even though at first I really didn't like it, it grew on me to the point of loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment