About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Moonstone and 2X Rain EXP (Day 3)

Server: Lawolf
Name: Ainia/YoCroJest
Class: Ranger/Jester
Level: 76/57

Day 3 is here and I could not have asked for 2 better events that the ones we were given. Moonstone Drop Event and 2X Rain EXP. I was waiting for the 2X EXP ever since it was given to us about 3 weeks ago, and as you guys can tell, I did some leveling with it.

First, lets discuss the Moonstone Drop. Well, just like the Sunstone Drop Event on day 1, all the Moonstones that you receive will be Event so you will be unable to trade them. However, there is an increased drop rate with them, and this is the part that I love. As I said with Sunstones, I am constantly upgrading my gear, and this is the same with jewelery. I love finding cheap Arek +5/6 and Vigor +10 and using a Moonstone on them just to test my luck and see if I can get that extra upgrade. To be honest, I have succeeded about 40-50% of the time, and I was then able to either use the ring, or sell it for a pretty nice profit. Some people tell me its a waste of money, but in my opinion, with the success rate that I have been getting, I have actually been profiting off it. So please, don't bust it till you try it :)

Next, is the 2X Rain Event. What this means is that any time it is raining in game, you will receive 2X EXP while killing monsters. Now, some of you are probably thinking, "that can't be that great, how long could it possible rain for?" Well, the rain lasts pretty long, a couple hours if I'm not mistaken. So, getting a couple AMPS is never a bad thing because you level like mad before you even realize that the rain is over. If you notice my label at the top of the post, I got 3 levels on my (Soon to be) Bow Jester. It may not be a lot, but to be honest, I didn't get to play for long. (It was my girlfriends last night before we both go to college and we are 9 hours apart.) This event is totally worth it and I would love to see it come back within the next week and a half.

Moonstones : 12(In about the 1 hour i played, 12 is quite a lot. I am pretty sure luck was on my side though)

Overall, day 3 was a huge success with me. Even though I didn't get to play for long, and take advantage of the 2X EXP, I still enjoyed when I was playing. I, including many other players would love for FlyFF to bring back the 2X EXP later on, so we can successfully complete the Master's Journey to 120 Event !!

No comments:

Post a Comment