About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

My Opinion on Ugraded Sets

Server: Lawolf
Name: Ainia
Class: Ranger
Level: 76 (Woot, Leveled Up)

Welcome back guys and girls. Today, I will be discussing my thoughts on upgrading your sets.

For newcomers to the game, you are able to upgrade your armor pieces (head, suit, gloves and shoes) all the way to +10 by using an item called a Sunstone. What upgrading your set does is make it have better stats such as block and hit, while giving you a cool glow effect. The stats as well as the glow effect will get increasingly better the closer you get to +10. (Just a side note, you have to make sure that all 4 parts of your set are at the same upgraded state in order to get the glow and the stat upgrade.) You are able to safely upgrade your set to +3 with minimal failure. However, if your upgrade does fail, your item will not be destroyed. This however, is not the case for +4-+10. If you are upgrading a piece of gear past +3, it is essential that you use a SPRO. What this item does is protect your item from being destroyed if the upgrade was to fail. And past +5-+6, I have found that the failure rate is pretty high.

Since I am a full DEX ranger, having at least a +8 set is essential. Without it, I would get stomped around by even just 1 monster around my level. Getting this set (Okas) was where the problem started for me. I have noticed that there aren't many Rangers in the game so I knew that getting a normal set, let alone a +8 set, was going to be hard enough. The though of trying to upgrade my own set started going through my mind, but, I currently did not have the funds for doing so. So, my search for getting a +8 Okas Set started.

It took me about 4-5 days in order to come across one (a lot quicker than I thought). I saw that someone had one in their shop that was open to offers. Since at the time, I only had 700mil on me, I left the offer of 750mil. (I know i didn't have that much at the time, but I knew that getting that extra 50mil wouldn't take long at all.) Within 2 days, I got a response back saying that they will take my offer. At the time I was able to farm the extra 50mil and the +8 Set was now in my possession. Also, I forgot to add that the set was indeed (4/4) with 16% attk which was a huge plus for me.

Do I think the set was worth 750mil? Of course I do. +8 sets nowadays are running for about that price and some, depending on the awakes, are in the billions.

I have been using this set for a good 6 hours now and it has helped me get to level 76. However, what I have noticed is that I don't block as much as I see other players block. For example, my friend is a full STR Blade and he has a +8 set. He blocks just about 90-95% of the time. I rarely see him get hit. But, for me, it seems like I'm only blocking 75% of the time. But aside from this, I am in love with this set and I will be using for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment