About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

New Character Disease

Server: Lawolf
Name: Ainia
Class: Ranger
Level: 76

Hey guys and gals. Today's topic is about something that I like to call "New character disease." Every now and again I get kind of bored with my current class and I feel the need to make a new character. However, it's never just 1 new character that I end up making. For some reason, every time I get to level 45 or even 60, I feel the need to make another character no matter how much fun I am having.

For example, today, I decided to give my ranger a little bit of a break, mostly because I couldn't find a FS/RM, and I wanted to make a Jester. So, while i was leveling my character to 15, the thought of what type of Jester kept going through my mind. "Do I want to make a Bow Jester, which in my opinion are pretty boring, or, would I like to make a YoYo Jester?" Well, after weighing both the pros and cons of each class, I landed on YoYo Jester. However, the torture didn't stop there. Once I figured out what class I wanted to make, I then had to decide what build would be best for me. "Do I go full STR? Or should I pump 43/53 DEX?" Well, after researching a bit on those 2 builds, I figured that 53 DEX would benefit me in the long run. Having that extra bit of Crit as well as the added Hit Rate never hurt anyone.

So, I ended up leveling my Acrobat to 23 before I started to get a bit bored. So what did i do? Well, I made another new character, and this time I was debating between 1v1 BP or STR/INT AoE BP. I have been torturing myself ever since I hit 15 with that character and I have no idea what to do.

I know that if i go 1v1 BP, it is going to be super expensive as well as time consuming, mostly because I am going to be searching for the perfect set(s). But, I don't want to go AoE because I already have a Ranger that is AoE. So, then the thought of not making a BP went through my head and I started to give a Ele or a Psy some thought. But that didn't last too long because I am not a fan of leveling a Mage.

Anyway, what I wanted to accomplish with this post was telling you guys how stuck up I get when it's time to make a new character. I can never decide what to make and what build would be best for my type of play style.

So, to finish this up, I want to know if you guys have ever mentally tortured yourself with picking a class, and then a build for that class. Let me know what your worst, or even your best story is with choosing what you want to make.

1 comment:

  1. This has happened to me so many times ;-;. I get so bored with my character and I make a new one. And I ALWAYS have trouble deciding which class. I love all of the classes so much!!

    As for my worst story, when I was a new assist, I didn't know what builds were. So I upped strength and intelligence. I wanted to be an RM, but my build was more towards BP.

    With my first characters, I used all of my skill points up as soon as I levelled to 15. Which was a horrible idea...

    ReplyDelete