About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Alright guys. I am in dire need of help right now. A couple days ago, I was playing FlyFF when the most bizarre thing happened. I logged off the game only to return later than night unable to login to the game. But, this wasn't like a password problem, or a disconnected from server problem. The following is what happens:

1. Open up FlyFF

2. Enter in my username and password

3. Choose my server

4. Select my character and hit enter

No big deal right? Well, after I hit enter, my computer loads for about 5-10 seconds, and then BAM!!, freezes. That's right. My computer freezes completely and I am forced to restart. So whatever. I restart my computer thinking that maybe I was low on virtual memory. I try to go back into the game, and what happens? The exact same thing. So this time, I thought to myself, maybe server 1 is just too crowded and it keeps disconnecting me. So I tried to login to a different channel. But to no avail, computer froze yet again. Finally, I figured that maybe my character was stuck in one of those areas that "breaks" the game. So I tried to login to a differnet character, and BAM!!, the computer freezes yet again.

So now I am completed out of ideas as to what to do. I know its not my computer specs since I have been playing this game for 2 years on the same laptop. This laptop is nowhere near bad and it runs the game perfectly fine on max settings. Unfortunately, my desktop is currently not working so I haven't been able to try and login from another computer.

Anyway, I honestly have no idea what the problem could be. I was hoping that maybe 1 of my readers could assist me or at least point me in the general direction of a solution to this problem. I searched the forums, as well as google and couldn't find any answers.

Hopefully 1 of you guys can help me out so I can get back into playing and get into making the videos that I have planned for you guys. Thanks

P.S. I have also tried re-installing the game and that hasn't worked either :(

2 comments:

  1. Ouuu... it sould be an path problem; some days ago I had another problem, but very similar: when I launch the Patcher, it appears a message saying "ERROR: File not found, CODE: 4 RESULT: 0", Flyf didn´t work all this day, but when new patches was published, the problem dissapeared.

    It´s some strange, but Is something past, now i can log in with normality. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried running any other game? If you can't, may be a driver that was corrupted.

    What about running something CPU/GPU intensive?

    In terms of hardware, these problems crop up when the device overheats or when the device cannot draw enough power for the CPU.

    If the freezes are really consistent, I'd rule out the above.

    The first thing I would try would be: turning down the settings as far as they go (when you first start the launcher). If that doesn't work try switching the fullscreen/window settings.

    If all of that fails, do a reinstall of FlyFF to rule out a corrupted file.

    Let me know if this helps,

    ReplyDelete