About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tips For Leveling A Ringmaster

Hey guys. For this post, I wanted to throw a little bit of "tip" to all of you out there who are maybe having a difficult time starting a character on a new server, or maybe trying to level another character. What I plan on aiming at is helping you out with some general knowledge for when the best time to level is.

#1. Look for the right event. What I mean by this is, try to level a new character whenever you know there is going to be an event released that will either increase your Attk, Def, EXP, or have a box drop that is worth it. The reason(s) behind this is because in the times of these event(s), this is when the most players are online and this is the easiest time to find a "plvl" for your assist/RM. Since many players will be online and leveling, especially during an EXP even, your chances of finding a partner to "RM" around will be much greater and your leveling time will double, if not triple.

#2. Play at the right time. Since every server is different with their community, this tip will have you do a little bit of research. What you want to do is find the best time for your server that players are on the most. Usually, mid-day(3-4pm) to early night (7-9pm) you will find the most players on and active. During these times, this is when you want to make sure you are on and constantly scanning through shouts looking for someone that is in need of a RM.

#3. Be polite and make a friend. This, in my opinion, is one of the things that I look for while I am leveling and have another player RMing me around. There is nothing worse, at least for me, that having a RM who never speaks and never responds to you if you ask them a question, or tell them that you need to return to town to sell. Or, what really grinds my gears, are the RMs who constantly ask you to keep killing and don't stop. And then they proceed to ask how long you are going to be leveling for and if you can get them to a certain level. As soon as I see a RM do this to me, I usually tell them that I have to go and I log-off. There is nothing worse than being harassed when you are trying to play the game for fun. Make sure that you say "hello" and "thank you" during the process of being their partner. Also, try to make small talk with your partner. Just because people are leveling, that doesn't mean that they wouldn't enjoy a nice conversation while they are leveling. In all honesty, I prefer it. It makes the time fly by and it lets me relax a little knowing. People really enjoy talking to others, especially when they are polite and thankful. And who knows, maybe you will make a friend out of it and you can be his/hers permanent RM.

#4. Use a Full-Shout. This tip is a little expensive, especially if you don't have the funds from another character. But, that doesn't mean you still can't use one. For example, I have a lot of friends on my server (Lawolf) and many of them are RMs. Sometimes, when I am not leveling, or when I am not using my Full-Shout, my friends will ask me if I can shout for them for a little bit. They ask politely and they don't harass me for it. So, I will usually, 9 times out of 10, say "of course" and help them find a partner. You will be surprised how many people will appreciate your kindness and Full-Shout for you. Of course you will sometimes run into those people who are nasty back to you and tell you to go buy a Full-Shout for yourself, but that is just the way some people are. Just remember, for every person who is mean to you, there is always another person who will be polite.

#5. Don't quit. This seems simple enough, but if you want to excel in this game, you are going to need patience, time, and dedication, especially when leveling a RM. Since RMs nowadays are full-INT, you will not be able to fight your way to level. So, you are going to have to constantly look for partners up to 19 levels higher than you that you can support in order for you to level. This can be quite tedious, especially at lower levels since almost everyone out there has their own personal RM that they will use. But stick with it. Flyff around some leveling areas if you have to and ask people politely if they need a FS to buff and heal them. You have a 50-50 chance of them saying "yes," and if they do, thank them. Being thankful is something people like to see and it makes them realize that there are nice people in this game. However, if they do say "no," don't harass them. If you see they don't have buffs, buff them with what you have, wish them "good-luck" leveling, and then be on your way. You will be surprised how many people will message you saying "thanks" and friend you for being kind. And then they will invite you to level with them.

Those are pretty much the best tips that I can give to all future players out there who are leveling a RM. Hopefully this will help you guys as it has helped me. Being kind and thankful is the #1 key to people liking you in this game. If you can succeed at that, than you will have no problem leveling your RM :)

2 comments:

  1. Ow, it don´t sounds so "pretty", but... its the reality, right? (I will need help with castigad, ¡dow!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leveling an RM atm on Glaphan and I have to say it can be quite amusing if you don't feel like leveling yourself on another char. ^^

    And the things you say are all true, but I have to say that Full Shout isn't needed to find urself a partner. When I go AFK and I hadn't had a decent plvl in some time I just title my shop 'lvxx FS searches plvl L/N - AFK!'. And I really had some nice persons reacting with who I now level and just have a nice chat with, sometimes even if we aren't leveling together.

    But well written ^^ I enjoy reading your blogg :)

    ReplyDelete