About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

In Honor of Xurtan and the BladePoster

Server: Lawolf
Name: Ainia/YoCroJest/FemaleFighter
Class: Ranger/Jester(Bow)/BP(1v1)
Level: 76/76/85

Before I get into the full point of this post, I just want to apologize for not being active within the past week. College just started for me again and I haven't had a lot of time to play, or even blog for that matter. So I just wanted to take some time to apologize for that, and from this point on, I should be good to go. (First week of classes is officially over ^^)

Now, I understand that post isn't related to FlyFF directly, but through one of the greatest FlyFF Legends of all time...Xurtan. For those of you who don't know who this is, this person was one of the greatest FlyFF players, or at least in my opinion, to have ever played this game. The amount of devotion that he put into this game was insane, and for many, including myself, he opened the eyes to what is now known as the greatest class, again in my opinion, of all time. That class is known as the BladePoster.

Your probably asking yourself, "Why are you posting an article about Xurtan?" Well, for those of you that do not know, Xurtan has officially gave up on FlyFF. After 2 years of solid devotion to this game, he has finally called it quits. "So what's the big deal you ask?" Well, Xurtan has been envied by many people, including myself, as being one of the most successful players in FlyFF. How? Well, if someone takes 2 years in order to build up 1 character, than I call that devotion and a pure love for the game an overall success.

Now that he is no longer playing, and released his final video, on YouTube, a couple days ago, which finally showcases all of his gear, I feel that we as FlyFF players, should pay him some respect. Ever since I watched the first video that Xurtan put up, I started to see the true potential of BillPosters. And if you haven't noticed already at the start of this post, I have brought my BP out of retirement and I will start playing it once again. I have just finished re-gearing it back up and I will start the leveling process tomorrow.

I want to thank you personally Xurtan for all that you have done for the FlyFF community. The inspiration that you have given me, along with many other players, is to great for words. You, along with your videos will be missed and I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. Your gear is absolutely insane and hats off for devoting 2 years to creating, what is at least to me, the greatest class in FlyFF..BladePoster.

(If you want to check out his final video, along with all his others, then please do a search on YouTube for.....Xurtan.)

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty awesome, watching his videos now. Wow, quite an inspiration it seems haha. Sad that he's leaving =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya man. he opened my eyes to what BillPosters are capable of and that is why I had to bring mine out of retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Eouen of Lawolf (the first BP to hit 107 in eflyff, v5-v7) and FabiaBP of Aibait ( first successful 'bladeposter' in her times, V7-v10) both whom have inspired my gameplay before they left.

    This day, Im indeed honored to be given recognition by so many for having inspired them in Flyff. Whilst it is only a game, your blog does bring back some good memories, and memories dont leave or quit.

    Thanks alot and rock on buddy ^^

    ReplyDelete