About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Gianting....Is it still worth it?

Server: Lawolf
Name: Ainia/YoCroJest
Class: Ranger/Jester(Bow)
Level: 76/76

Welcome back all you FlyFFers. Well, now since we no longer have 2 events daily, it is time to drift away from events, and talk about other things, such as Gianting. Not to say that I dislike talking about event, but posting everyday about 2 events for 2 weeks can get old pretty quickly. So hopefully, you guys will enjoy the change of pace just as much as I will. (And yes, that is why I am not talking about the previous patch that introduced yet another event ^_^).

Anyway, time to get back to what this post is actually about...and that topic is Gianting. Now, back when I payed FlyFF about 3-4 years ago, I would say that Gianting was one of those things that was so hard to do. And I don't mean that in the way of actually killing the giant, but in a way of actually trying to find one. You see, back then, Gianting was the biggest way to make money in this game, so all the giants were always be killed, no matter what time of day you were trying to do it. But, nowadays, I feel like that is no longer the case. Ever since Azria, and now the Wilds were introduced, it seems like Gianting has kid have lost it's flavor.

For Example, people who are in Azria, constantly leveling, are easily making quite a bit of money per hour, let alone per day. I know from experience. I bought a 1 day Azria ticket (which at the time cost me about 15 mil) and was able to make almost 4 times that in the couple hours i spent leveling. I find, that on average, I get around 5-8 Sunstones and 2-4 Moonstones per hour of leveling. So right there is roughly 8 mil per hour. Not to mention all the trash items that you sell to the NPC which is where you really start to make the big bucks. And then, adding in all the greens, especially the ones that are in high demand, you are making quite a bit of money in doing the one thing that this game wants you to do...level.

The same goes with the Wilds. If you 2 man the Wilds (Ranger and ASAL BP), you can make a crazy amount of money for the time you have to put in. I have many friends who just sit there and farm Wilds all day and they have billions upon billions of Penya.

For me, it seems like Gianting has just lost it's touch. Nowadays I see giants, especially the good ones like Mong and Carriebomb, just walking around for hours without anyone touching them. And to be honest, it saddens me a little bit. It keeps reminding me of the days where zones would be crowded with players waiting for that giant to spawn. Where Knights/Blades/Mercs would spam sneaker in order to tag the giant so that they can hold it until their FS/RM comes.

Now, is this the reason why prices on items such as Guardian Bow, Guardian Knuckle, Historic Knuckle etc. have gone up? Since no one is really gianting then these items are not in circulation. I was just wondering what all of your guys' and girls' opinion on this is. DO you feel like Gainting has lost its touch? Do you feel like its obsolete and not worth doing anymore? Or, do you feel like it is still a very viable way to make money? Please let me know in the comments :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, I think that gianting has lost its value because of Lusakas. Azria is an awesomely fun place to level but people, at least to me, are too dependent on it and expect other places to be like it.

    The only giants that seem worth-while and even hardly so at that are the Shaduwar giants for LGweps and giant Pop and Glaph for the same reason. That's even undervalued as one of my pals said the other day, "so like, only the LGA is worth it then..."

    It's quite sad, and like you, I miss the good ol' pre-Azria days when people still trained at Antiquery and Popcrank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply, the players are spoiled.

    There are so many places to train & earn penya that the player base has spread out a lot.

    The Lukas weapons are fine to get you from L75 to 105 or 120 when you can equip your end game weapon. You don't need to spend money to upgrade, pierce or awaken them as you can't get your money back by selling it.

    So as a non-CS weapon, they are pretty decent.

    There will still be a demand for other weapons, and less competition for the spawn, I am happy about that.

    ReplyDelete