About Me

Long Island, New York, United States
I'm a 20 year who is currently attending college with a major in Computer Engineering. I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life and I am totally OK with that. People always ask me, "Don't you ever get bored of video games?" And my response?, "Absolutely Not." The way I see it, video games is a way I can get away from reality and relax in an environment where no matter what happens, it's not going to change the outcome of my everyday life, at least I hope it won't :). As stated earlier, I have been a gamer pretty much my entire life. But, within the past year, I have thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to share my gaming experiences with people from all around the world?" Well, that is the premise behind this blog. Within this blog, you will find different pages for the different video games that I am currently playing (PC/Mac Only). Within each games respective page, I will be posting about my thoughts on the game, different updates or patches, and even giving you guys and girls some tips that have helped me in the past with these games. Hopefully you enjoy the content I will provide, and hopefully you will be a long time reader :)

Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Time For Some PvP Changes/Additions?

Hey guys. This post is going to talk about some things in the PvP area of FlyFF that I would like to see improved or added to the game.

First, let's start off with what could be improved. For 1, the way PvP is now, and for those of you who don't know what that is, it means Player vs. Player, is that you either step into the arena, which you get can to from any major city, and duke it out between anyone and everyone. You can ask another player for a duel in which you 2 are the only players that are able to hit each other. Or, there are Guild Sieges.

For starters, I don't really like the arena. I feel that you can never get a fair fight if you want to go against a bunch of people. There are always people running around the area killing people many levels lower than them and it completely ruins the game for them. In my opinion, while you are in the arena, you shouldn't be allowed to fight anyone that is within 19 levels of you. That way, there is some restrictions as to who can completely own you and who you can have a fair fight between. I feel if this was implemented, many people would enjoy hanging out in the arena fighting people their level. Or, they would enjoy watching 2 high level players fight up close without having to worry about someone killing them.

Next, I would like to get into Duels. Duels in my opinion, are fine the way they are. You can issue a duel between you and a friend, or even a random stranger, and fight to see who wins. They are very balanced and you never have to worry about getting killed from a random stranger. Also, you guys can set the rules with each other. For example, no food is allowed, or certain buffs aren't allowed. It is definitely the way I have the most fun in the game when it comes to PvP.

Finally, my thoughts on Guild Sieges. Well, first I would like to say that I was never involved in one in my many years of playing FlyFF. Reason being is because I never really joined a guild that ever did them, or even a guild that ever communicated with each other. I generally always went guild-less in the game and only joined a guild if one of my friends was the GM for it. But lately, I haven't really ever seen a Guild Siege go on. And when they do happen, people just trade wins in order to get chips. I feel that Guild Siege has completely fallen away from FlyFF and no one does them to see who has the better players. It's quite sad honestly.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the current PvP that we have available to us in FlyFF. So, what would I like to see added to the game?

Well, for 1, I would like there to be some sort of proper PvP entering system available to us. For instance, an NPC that people can go to in order to "queue" themselves up for different types of PvP selections. For instance, a capture the flag game, a death-match game, or eve a free-for-all game. Of course there will be different brackets available so that people are fighting others that are within a certain level of each other. But personally, I think that this would definitely encourage people to play this game and it will allow people who hit max level to have something else to do rather than just sit around, farm the same items over and over, and try to make money.

What are your opinions on the current PvP things available to us? Do you think that G-Potato is looking past PvP and doesn't care about it? And what are your opinions on what I suggest?

Thanks a bunch and I'm looking forward to reading your responses.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, my friend, you have many good ideas for this game; you sould be contrated for working in Gpotato ¿did you know? XD! XD! XD! XD!!!!!

    But you have reason, the Pvp system needs a completely remake, your restrictions are reasonable and i´m in agreement with you.

    Greetings flyffer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you. And to be honest, I have always wanted to work for a video game company. Especially with changing or adding things to the game. I'm hoping that G-Potato finds this and reads it and sees all the great additions that I bring to the table. Who knows, maybe it will land me a career in it :)

    Thanks for your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really great ideas Mike :)

    *About the Arena changes:
    -> The level limitation could be stretched to 25lvls imo but it is a good idea, however! This will kill the authentic of gPotato: a free killing area where there are no limitations.
    As a starter you just don't have to go in to the arena imo. Go and explore flyff! Have fun and discover new things! Make friends, feel extremely happy because you leveled from 26 to 27! But get your ass out of the arena ^^
    It's a good idea, but to implent your idea in FlyFF you'd almost need 2 arenas: a restricted one & a free one which will make the arena even less full :/
    So after all I have to say: no, bad idea

    *About the Guild War changes:
    -> Some extra games for Guilds will be a good idea. It will bring more variation to the game. Send it in a mail to gpotato I'd say. ;)
    Or post it on the official forums: that way they'll know it's your idea. ;D


    But about your Guild problem:
    That's a real pity. :/ I've joined my first Guild like 2 weeks ago and on some moments when there are a lot of members online a guild is really fun.
    Spamming in the guild chat, making new friends, finding leeches/plvls, ... A guild is a really fun extra to the game if you found a good one. ^^

    And to finish with answering your questions :D

    1. What are your opinions on the current PvP things available to us?

    It is a start. It has some good options but there is much more possible as you said with some examples. :)

    2. Do you think that G-Potato is looking past PvP and doesn't care about it?

    Yes that's the case. Why? Because there's no money making with PvP. Amps etc. are great for leveling, but items for PvP can also be used for PvM and so leveling. Maybe if there will be exclusive duel stuff ... But I'd rather not have that because then it will even be more a RL money game... >.>

    3. And what are your opinions on what I suggest?

    I think I said that already ^^


    Well written btw ;) Fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeap, for this is than i´ll study systems engieniery ^^ . I´m already in the preparatory XD!.

    ReplyDelete